This is a writing exercise initiated by Chris. Here is the link to the original post. The task is to come up with many plot ideas for a given topic.
Pat always knew this day would come.
- Patricia is a tennis player. She comes from a family of professional tennis players. She and her elder sister have been training together since they were children. Due to their age difference, they have always competed in different divisions. Pat is finally old enough to compete in the adult league and has to play against her sister in the final round. She knows her sister is a bad loser. Would the outcome of the game change the relationship between the sisters forever?
- Pat is a teenager and has a huge crush on the boy living next door. She has been spying on him when he was in his room, which was opposite hers. One day he catches her watching him. A few days later he waits next to her locker at school. Was he going to make a scene and embarrass her in front of the whole school?
- Pat, short for Patrick, was expecting his parents to arrive at his apartment. They knew he was sharing the 3 room apartment with a male friend. What they did not know, was that the relationship was not platonic. They would notice that there is only one bedroom and the other is a home office. He wonders how best to break the news to them. Before or after a tour of the apartment?
- Pat knew that one day one of them would die, leaving the other alone for the first time in 50 years. She always hoped that she would die first. It was an egoistic wish but she couldn’t imagine a life without her husband; they have been together since they were teenagers. However her husband was diagnosed with cancer. He passes away and after the funeral, she wonders what she is to do with the rest of her life.
- Pat’s husband has been missing for 20 years. They were on holidays in Italy and one day he simply disappeared. Pat moved to Italy in order to look for him, hoping that she would find him one day. After 10 years, she had filed a legal case, requesting her husband to be legally declared dead. Another 10 years have passed and her husband has been legally declared dead. However it doesn’t bring her the closure she had hoped it would. She returns to the place her husband was last seen for one last time.